- Pickup for yard waste is on Mondays and should be out before 8am.
- Pickup will end for the fall after the first snowfall or November 30th, whichever comes first.
- All yard debris such as grass clippings, weeds, small sticks etc. have to be in containers no larger than 35 gallons and weigh no more than 40 pounds.
- Sticks must be bundled with string in lengths no longer than six feet, weighing no more than 40 pounds.
- No loose debris will be picked up.
- No whole trees.
- Branches need to be small and light enough for one man to lift.
- No plastic bags, 55-gallon drums, or wheelbarrows will be picked up.
- Please place leaf piles between the sidewalk and the street.
- No sticks or branches in leaf pile, as they will clog the vacuum.
- Pick up will start as leaves increase and will be picked up once or twice a week as
- Pick up will end at first significant snowfall or November 30th whichever comes first.
- Don’t plow snow across the street or leave piles in the street
- When plowing driveway don’t leave snow on sidewalks or block sidewalks
- Be aware of the water meter pit. If it is in danger of damage when plowing, please mark it with a stake. If the meter pit gets damaged its the home owners responsibility for cost of repair.
- Don’t pile snow in front of fire hydrants
In an effort to increase government efficiency while still maintaining the high quality of service that you have come to expect, the Village of Elba has entered an agreement with the Town of Batavia, contracting with them to conduct meter readings, configure invoices, and collect water and sewer payments on behalf of the Village of Elba. Please note, going forward, sewer and water will be due the same day and not separated by month.
Payments can be made by the following methods:
- Drop off your payment directly at the Town of Batavia Office located at 3833 West Main Street Road, Batavia (Cash, Check or Money Order, Debit/ Credit Card)
- Mail your payment to the Town of Batavia, 3833 West Main Street Road, Batavia NY 14020 (check or money order)
* If paying by check or money order please make checks available to Village of Elba
If you have any question or concerns please feel free to contact Raylyn Kingdon, Water Clerk, at the Town of Batavia 585-343-1729 Ext 204, or Jerah Augello, Clerk-Treasurer of the Village of Elba, 585-757-6889.
Water & Sewer Rates
Sewer is based on the number of water used. Rates are as follows for inside the Village:
Rate – NO5.WATER- Debt service $30.00 per quarter
Minimum charge of $35.00 for 3,000 gallons
Water usage is $4.75 per thousand
Rate – NO1.SEWER- Debt service $27.00 per quarter
Minimum charge of $17.55 for 5,000 gallons
Sewer usage about 5,000 gallons is $3.20 per thousand